United Kingdom | Perfumery
Formula Management Perfumer
Closing date: 2022-01-28 59:59:59
Reporting to the Group Technical Director, this role is responsible for the management of our perfumery palette, monitoring and guiding the use and application of raw materials in the formulations of fragrances.
Global FM Team and Strategy
- Lead the communication and implementation of RM replacements across the group.
- Complete training of perfumers on FM and Smart Perfumery concepts as required.
- Key member of the Palette management team, ensuring FM related actions are completed
- Maintain control of the perfumery Raw Material and Base palette to ensure our palette is commercial
- Responsible for developing any replacements, ensuring they meet the perfumery needs and with minimal impact to our customers
- Strong analytical background, to understand traces and develop starting points for replacements
- Replacements should consider their odour, suitability, regulatory impact, cost etc.
- Good understanding of raw material palette odour profile and groups
- Responsible for the management and change control of Global formulations
- Providing support to Divisional Managers in the areas of:
- Discontinued fragrances
- Raw Material shortages
- Slow moving stocks
- Creation of Pot Pourri blends
- Future potential for management of Global FM team
- Relevant industry experience in a B2B technology environment essential
- Attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation, planning, organisation and analytical skills with a proactive, can do attitude.
- Strong analytical background, to understand GC traces and develop starting points for replacements
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in different countries and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement strategy
- High-level written and communication skills
- Must pass smelling test