Latin America | HSEQ
HSEQ Manager at CPL Colombia
Closing date: 2022-02-15 59:59:59
An opportunity has become available for HSEQ Manager to join the team at CPL Aromas Colombia. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the HSEQ Manager will be responsible for coordinating HSEQ activities in the Colombian Division accordingly to the Global requests, legal local requirements and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
- Ensure risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work are carried out
- Ensure the matching between Colombia procedures and CPL global procedures.
- Monthly & quarterly reporting to global QSHE manager.
- ISO 9001 maintenance. Obtention and maintenance of environmental and health certifications.
- Participation in external audits and primary contact for liaison with external certification bodies
- Coordination, maintenance and implementation of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies & procedures
- Participation in and leading internal QSHE System audits and ensure internal audit schedule is maintained, including support of internal auditors – training, guidance, etc.
- Liaison with internal departments and external providers to ensure relevant QSHE training and methodology is maintained and working with other departments to reach consensus and achieve positive outcomes resulting in improved business performance
- Investigation of incidents, analysis of trends and implementation of corrective actions
- Administrator of QSHE platform for Colombia (Entropy).
- Implementation and interpretation of new knowledge within the Environmental and Health & Safety field
- Continuous improvement projects
- Collation of electricity and water consumption figures and reconciliation of these against utility bills. Compilation of monthly graphs and publication of quarterly environmental reports
- Responsible of global sustainability policies implementation in Colombia.
- Professional with bachelor’s degree on Chemical, Process, Industrial or similar engineering.
- With post graduated studies on Health, Environment or Safety fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in managerial roles in Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management within a manufacturing environment (ideally chemical companies)
- Experience in carrying out and completing ISO Certification
- A highly organized, quick and practical and professional approach to managing a demanding workload
- Excellent communication skills to influence decision-makers, communicate with internal teams and promote continuous improvement
- Self- motivated with the ability to show initiative and able to work to deadlines
- A formal professional qualification in Health and Safety with local Occupational Health License (mandatory)
- A formal professional qualification in Dangerous Good transport (advantageous)
- A good eye for detail and statistics
- Interested in continuous learning
- Interested in sustainability.
- Teamwork mindset
- Openminded. Ability to listen and get feedback
- High level of English