India | Evaluation
Fragrance Development Manager
Closing date: 2023-04-30 59:59:59
As the Fragrance Development Manager in India, you will have the responsibility to lead the fragrance evaluation team of CPL Aromas India.
You will head the creation of superior fragrance solutions, foster a solid, performing development team and implement the strategic thinking of fragrance development for the CPL Aromas India division.
The role also comprises a forward looking, business development component: proactive collection work, identification of future opportunities, and close collaboration with marketing and sales.
- Manage a team of Evaluators, including Seniors and Fragrance Development Managers
- Mentor junior Evaluators
- Create and foster a culture of learning and innovation across the evaluation team.
- Support on training staff both locally and across the group.
- Support the development of trainee and junior perfumers on a region / category
Leadership and strategy
- Be an active part of the leadership team of the India division
- Attend weekly division steering meeting
- Category leadership across fine fragrances and consumer products
- Development strategy building across regions, in line with the CPL growth plan
- Cross regional collaboration with peers to create a global dynamic within the evaluation function and thought leadership on hot topics.
- Advocate quality, health, safety and environmental policies and procedures of the company.
- Be the CPL creative brand ambassador
Business development and innovation
- Collections – Continuously review and improve our collections to ensure all fragrances are relevant to our customers, regions, regs and technologies
- Innovation - Work with R & D and Marketing to identify new innovations and create commercial collections to promote new technologies, initiatives, and platforms.
- Impulse the creation of new themes with perfumers
- Brand awareness - Have a global awareness of key brands, their product portfolio and influence on our markets.
- Accounts/country development: identify new potential opportunities within scope of responsibility and be an active agent of fragrance growth
- Attend customer meetings with the sales team
- Support the General Manager in business development initiatives.
- You will have a background in evaluation and have a wealth of experience within the fragrance industry (at least 8+ years)
- Knowledge of the MEA region
- Cross category experience
- Degree in Chemistry or related discipline of the fragrance industry
- Ability to show initiative and creativity along with strong sense of procedures
- Proactive thinking
- Business acumen
- Managerial courage
- Excellent communication skills (spoken & written English)
- Olfactory skills
- Knowledge and experience in Ms Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and within a team