United Kingdom | PPD
Closing date: 2023-04-28 59:59:59
Based at our creative centre in Bishops Stortford, we have an exciting opportunity to enter the world of fragrance. A Product Performance & Development Chemist provides technical support to the UK Division, works on customer projects to ensure our submissions meet our clients’ expectations, and will be a member of a product category team developing and maintaining our fragrance library.
- Conducting performance testing for customer projects and internal projects.
- Entering results data on our Intranet based system and excel.
- Carrying out a variety of testing such titrations, stability, weight loss, laundry, UV tests or viscosity tests following CPL internal protocols and/or customer supplied protocols.
- Making up finished product samples for testing
- Attending category meetings.
- Assisting PPD Team Leader on library management.
- Providing technical support to account managers, evaluators, and other relevant staff throughout R&D request queries for the UK Division.
- Preparing technical reports for the commercial team to send to customers (e.g., Testing Results, AromaGuard Certificates).
- Covering equivalent position during colleagues’ periods of absence.
- Any other tasks as directed by line manager or team member’s program.
- A relevant qualification in chemistry or cosmetic science relevant for the fragrance or cosmetic manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work and industry experience (Fine Fragrance, Air care, Household, Fabric Care, and Personal Care is a definite advantage)
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment is advantageous.
- A keen interest in the fragrance industry with some product knowledge would be advantageous.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to take a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Have a good sense of smell, internal smelling test provided.
- Have a well-developed attention to detail aiming for accuracy.
- Able to work in a team and independently with the same level of efficiency.
- Be able to work in an organised way.
- Computer literate and skilled in using Microsoft 365 products (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel) as well as internal recording systems (training will be given).
Must display and demonstrate attitudes in line with the Company Values