United Kingdom | Perfumery
Closing date: 2022-09-01 59:59:59
An exciting opportunity has become available for a suitable candidate to join the UK Sales Team, based in Bishops Stortford – Innovation House. Reporting to the UK Development Director, the Perfumer Assistant will support the UK Perfumery Team, with the compounding of short formulas and cuts organised by priority of projects. They will also make up the Perfumers creations in application for the Perfumers evaluation.
- Weigh perfumer’s formulas, informing the perfumer of any observations or difficulties.
- Fulfill Perfumers base requests, making up new creations in application for assessment.
- Taking vials of Perfumers creations for filing.
- Manage the collection of raw materials by ensuring good storage conditions and maintaining stock and freshness of each material in the collection.
- Verify the aspect and the smell of raw materials and, if in doubt, alert the perfumer.
- Receive shipments of raw materials and check their individual olfactory quality.
- Build a raw material palette in accordance to the perfumer’s team needs.
- Manage the perfumer’s collection (standard, hearts, etc.) and maintain it in accordance to the perfumer’s needs.
- Maintain the perfumer’s stock of oils in a neat & tidy manner suitable for easy retrieval by the sampling department.
- Creating a detailed report at the end of each day with the oils received from the C1.
- Working within the requirements of safe laboratory practices at all times following quality procedures to ensure adherence to BS5750, ISO 9000.
The ideal candidate will have:
Knowledge of Raw materials, Database Management, Formulation, Regulations and Chemistry would be a definite advantage.
- The ability to work in a robust, precise, and yet creative way
- Be highly organised
- Have a well-developed Olfactory sense
- Able to respond to project requests with a planned approach
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have a relevant qualification, knowledge, and / or experience in science, chemistry or biochemistry fields, but not essential.
- Some exposure to the perfumery industry would also be advantageous.