Middle East | Quality Control
Quality Control Manager
Closing date: 2022-07-31 59:59:59
Report to the Operations Manager, and supporting the production team, the QC Manager will be responsible for ensuring all incoming and outgoing raw materials and fragrance batches are subjected to the relevant quality control tests, to determine differences in quality, investigate and record non-conformances and reworking according to specification as and when required.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the QC laboratory and functions
- Lead and manage a team of QC Technicians and Analysts to ensure finished products meet CPL quality standards and raw materials used are meeting requirements and quality standards
- Investigate, determine and manage quality non-conformances, including root causes, preventive actions and follow ups
- Identify and coordinate the appropriate resources necessary to resolve any quality issues raised by the Customers. Ensure that any customer complaints are responded to in a timely manner and issues raised are resolved satisfactorily.
- Ensure that raw materials, fragrance batches and laboratory batches are released after testing to specifications
- Provide solutions to queries relating to raw material or production batches
- Ensure that the QC team is proactively retesting all batches and materials due for retest
- Problem solving and issue of clear rework instructions
- Ensuring that all non-conformances, reworkings and blending are recorded where possible
- Keep QC SYSTEM updated and clean
- Be a super user for AX system for the QC team
- Partner with Production and QHSE to ensure that company health, safety and environmental policies are followed
- Attend daily meetings
- Additional duties as directed by the line manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in QC laboratory, including 3 years of managerial experience in Fragrance or related industry.
- Good olfactive/sensory skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A team player with good analytical skills and ability to take initiatives and effectively work to project timelines.
- Good lab management skills .
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time Management, flexibility required to cover shifts.
- Good communication ability at all levels.