Senior Fabric Care Perfumer
Closing date: 2021-10-29 59:59:59
A great opportunity has become available for Senior Fabric Care Perfumer to join CPL Aromas team in one of our European locations. Senior Fabric perfumer role will have an impact on creation of high value and quality fragrances for Fabric Care in line with creative vision and performance expectations from customers. The Senior Fabric Care Perfumer will liaise and partner with Head of Perfumery, Senior Management, and other divisions to collaborate and contribute to ongoing strategy and vision. Train and lead a consistent Fabric Care group of Perfumers.
- Create winning and highly commercial fragrances that meet the customer's brief and odor expectations
- Design fragrances with sound technical knowledge and creativity to meet customers guidelines and industry regulations, performing and stable in the end-use application
- Create cost-effective fragrances to guarantee long-lasting at target cost
- Modify fragrances to suit a range of end products, prices, and regulations
- Modify fragrances to solve stability problems
- Apply a good understanding of GCMS techniques into creative development
- Develop fragrances leveraging CPL technology for profitable business growth and lasting commercial success
- Develop fragrances for global projects and CPL technology
- Contribute to the team's success and the environment with a passionate and enthusiastic approach, providing own input and insight into the strategic vision.
- Work closely with other perfumers, the evaluation, marketing, sales team, and applications.
- Participate in evaluation panels of finished fragrances and raw materials
- Attend supplier presentations to provide an assessment of existing and new raw materials
- Promote to improve the palette if necessary to have the best raw materials in terms of performance and cost
- Train the junior Fabric Care perfumers regarding the proper use of raw materials in the adequate proportion to avoid unnecessary costs of raw materials that are soluble in water and are not performing after the cleaning process. Promote the test of synergies between ingredients to have the best performance at the most competitive price
- Be able to create fragrances for Fabric Care, considering different divisions requirements (low-cost powder detergents, strong top note & long-lasting performance for booster or fabric softeners)
- Involvement in the resolution of QC issues if required
- If required, be involved in a variety of Global teams
- Liaise with Marketing and evaluation to have a robust library of the most important Fabric Care benchmark worldwide in terms of performance, closeness, and cost
- Liaise or update with Global Purchasing to have the best cost for our palette for Fabric Care fragrances
- Work in alignment with specific accounts, clients, and countries to develop deep market knowledge and intimate client relationships
- Attend client briefings and presentations as required to discuss and present the creation of the selected fragrances
- Provide competent, creative support in customer visits and presentations
- Represent the company in global meetings, perfumers' conferences when necessary
We are looking for a candidate with minimum of 15 years’ experience working as a perfumer with a deep knowledge of captives in the market, who can create new themes and to design fragrances around strategic ingredients combined with solid knowledge of fragrance technologies and delivery systems that go into the design of a fabric care perfume (fragrance precursors, encapsulation technologies, multiple encapsulations). An experience on hand wash laundry and bloom is a plus.
A highly innovative individual with sound technical knowledge and an ability to explain a creative strategy and creative process. Energetic, passionate, and fluent in English.
Must display and demonstrate attitudes in line with the Company Values (Our Ingredients)