Closing date: 2022-05-31 59:59:59
The Finance Assistant will be assisting the Finance Manager in maintaining cost reports, managing invoices, processing payments, and maintaining the overall financial health of the company.
1) Financial Operation
- Manage day-to-day activities and performance as desired for the betterment of the organization.
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies and reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for.
- Appropriate documentation of invoices, receipts, etc are submitted, documented, and filed effectively.
- Perform reconciliation for various vendor accounts as and when require
- Address and resolve vendor queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monthly posting of cross charging to subsidiaries divisions and reconcile of group debtor/creditor account.
- VAT control, preparation, and quarterly filing.
2) Financial Reporting
- Assist in executing the timely and accurate closing and consolidation of all ledgers and accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Reconcile Cash & Bank, balance sheet schedules and follow up with Departments and subsidiaries on outstanding issues and concerns
- Assist Finance Manager to Provide support to external auditors and promptly clarify all audit queries raised
- Assist Finance Manager to submit Management accounts within time frame provided
- Support Monthly, Quarterly, and yearly P&L Forecast preparation
- Support weekly and monthly Cash flow Forecast preparation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of Experience in Finance & Accounting
- Should be well organized and able to work with ERP software and willing to learn new concepts, strategies, etc.
- Able to manage workload and pressure in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables) and databases.
- Qualified Accountants are preferred
- Experience in ERP system, knowledge in Microsoft AX will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.