United Kingdom | Research & Development
Global R&D Director
Closing date: 2021-11-30 59:59:59
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Global R&D Director has Global Board responsibility for the Group Analytical, Product Performance and Research & Development functions. This will involve working closely with the Group Technical Director to ensure all technical policies, protocols and plans are properly implemented and followed.
The R&D Director will also be responsible for ensuring that the R&D aspects of the CPL Strategy plan are defined, co-ordinated and executed.
The R&D Director will be expected to present CPL technologies at relevant trade events and to key CPL Customers as well as leading the internal ‘selling’ of new CPL technical developments
- Ensuring that any R&D/Performance Testing facilities put into any of our Global Divisions meet the required CPL standards and that approved CPL protocols are used to ensure comparability of any testing. To ensure that all CPL Divisions know and understand the technical knowledge and expertise that is available to them and where that expertise is based, enabling this to be used to the widest possible extent
- To co-ordinate the identification of key areas of opportunity in new and emerging product categories, where, after relevant development time and performance/stability testing, we can put together a Global technical presentation to use with identified target customers. This will involve management of the New Technology Development Co-Ordinator role
- Ensure that all ‘in-house’ technologies that CPL possess are maximised and up to date. If new technologies are developed or become available within CPL, to ensure we have suitable intellectual property protection on them before we show externally to CPL customers.
- Co-ordinate the identification of key end product categories (offering significant commercial opportunities), where technical expertise is necessary and available within CPL, to enable CPL to present ourselves as the Fragrance House that can best support potential customers who may have, or want to launch, products in these areas.
- In combination with the Global Sales Teams, the Global R&D Director to ensure suitable Technical expertise is available to help present to the identified potential key customers
To fulfil the role, the person must have a strong chemistry or equivalent background, ideally to at least degree level, and a minimum of 10 years R&D/Technical Management experience in a fragrance related environment
They must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills and an ability to drive forward new strategic product development. The role will require management of staff both directly and remotely, and potentially a significant amount of Overseas travel.