United Kingdom | Maintenance
Maintenance Engineer Brixworth Site
Closing date: 2021-09-30 59:59:59
To be the lead person for all maintenance and repairs, liaising with service providers and ensuring best service from all our contractors, and to help maintain & improve the facility through liaison with relevant departments on site. The role will include proactive actions including the checking devices, structures and systems (e.g. HVAC, building maintenance and production equipment) on a regular basis identifying best value maintenance and repair plans. You will also coordinate with external vendors, and conduct cost analyses when purchasing new items or services and minimise disruption and downtime to production whilst maintaining the site and equipment.
- Ensure overall adherence and improvement to the quality, environmental, health and safety standards of the company.
- Co-ordinate and manage work performed by contractors or suppliers.
- First point of contact for all facility and infrastructure related issues / concerns / repairs
- Be responsible for all general site maintenance and the PPM programme for both site and production equipment.
- Managing all service contracts in conjunction with the Global Project Support & Consumable Purchasing Manager to ensure best value and service.
- Generate and maintain the purchase orders and vendor contracts related with maintenance of the facility and routine equipment support.
- Minimise production downtime through working with the Production team on the PPM programme and back-up processes as deemed necessary
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance regarding all site infrastructure and equipment
- Evaluate and implement annual maintenance contracts and action service reports including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, forklifts, fire system, ventilators, doors, scales, compressors of equipment and internal systems.
- Communicate and liaise directly with departments to coordinate maintenance and repairs.
- Keep track of all associated costs versus budget and within the authority limits of the Company
- Available to be assigned on-call after business hours and respond to emergency situations unplanned problems and repairs as found necessary
Other tasks as directed by the General Manager.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role and FMCG environment
- Relevant qualifications in engineering (HND, HNC, BTEC, C&G)
- Sound understanding of safety & environmental regulations
- BS7671/18th Edition
- Experience with PLC’s
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and analyse to prevent re-occurrence and drive improvement
- Ability to make decisions
- Good time management & ability to work to strict deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good communication skills
- Customer focused
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office-essential,
- Must display and demonstrate attitudes in line with the Company Values