India | Sustainability
Supply Chain Sustainability Officer
Closing date: 2022-06-30 59:59:59
Working within Procurement and Supply Chain, as part of the Sustainability Team, this role will provide support to deliver our sustainability objectives across the end to end supply chain. Initially focusing on activity in relation to the responsible management of supply chain ethical standards and sustainable sourcing initiatives, the position will manage due diligence processes, supply chain mapping and insights, whilst working effectively with colleagues across the group and suppliers to develop and embed more sustainable procurement practices.
Policy & Fundamentals Compliance
- Issue policy to suppliers & work with suppliers to obtain their agreement and commitment to our Top 10 Fundamental Principals
- Onboard suppliers to SEDEX
- Conduct Responsible Supplier Assessments of all suppliers to determine performance
- Issue requests for additional information not available via Sedex audits
- Work with suppliers to improve performance in environmental and ethical standards
- Work to determine prioritisation and frequency of supplier assessments, based on risk
- Communication and issue of information to supply chain
- Instigate and conduct supplier meetings where appropriate to support sustainability objectives, managing correspondence, building engagement and resolving queries
- Evaluating supply chain, identifying and completing missing data and working to improve the quality of data. Make recommendations and ensure clear communication of requirements through the supply chain, assess and communicate risks.
Audits & Responsibly Sourced Ingredients
- Working in conjunction with global purchasing increase the numbers of responsibly sourced ingredients on our palette
- Conduct preliminary and follow up supplier audits to ensure standards are met and necessary evidence/information is gathered
- Work to determine prioritisation and frequency of supplier audits/audit schedule, based on business needs and risk
- Prioritise product/supplier assessment list, working closely with Global Buying
- Issue product specific questionnaires to suppliers and follow up with suppliers until sufficient information is received & product is approved.
- Arrange remote and in person meeting where necessary
Sustainability Product information sheets (Internal/Customer info)
- Liaise with marketing and obtain info including extraction process, country of origin, marketing stories/interesting facts, photos, information on supplier environmental and social projects
General & Wider Support
- Manage and increase use of supply chain mapping tools and databases, developing knowledge and understanding of our supply chains, working processes and systems.
- Developing knowledge and expertise as a sustainability and responsible sourcing specialist, understanding of the broader industry, as well as relevant environmental and social considerations.
- Preparing and issuing relevant data for reporting purposes
- Using insights to identify opportunities and to make recommendations to improve approach, support the development of supply chain standards and help inform sustainability strategy
- Working alongside the Sustainability Team to initiate and embed sustainability initiatives. Helping to implement agreed strategies and support objectives.
- Liaise with Sales/Marketing for customer specific requests
- Learning and managing new technical skills, processes and systems as required.
- Engaging in effective regular feedback sessions with Head of Sustainability.
- To undertake ad hoc duties as required
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of purchasing systems and processes, and SEDEx would be beneficial.
- Ability to work with stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement strategy
- High-level written and communication skills
- Strong prioritisation, planning, organisation and analytical skills with a proactive, can do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in different countries and cultures
- Understanding of and ability to read legislative texts and guidance
- Strong analytical and project management experience
- Commercially astute analyst, a natural problem solver with an understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies.
- Concise and influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility.