United Kingdom | QSHE
Closing date: 2021-09-30 59:59:59
Our Global business located in Brixworth, Northamptonshire is dedicated to Quality, Health & Safety and the Environment. This dedication has allowed us to strive ahead of competitors in our industry.
We are seeking a QSHE Specialist to build upon this reputation. The QSHE Specialist will report into the QSHE Manager. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organised, methodical and professional with the ability to think analytically and trouble shoot in a variety of situations.
The QSHE Specialist role provides you with the opportunity to work within the globally recognised ISO standards framework and contribute to three important aspects of the business - Quality, Health, Safety, Wellbeing and the Environment. This role ensures that as a business we are operating our manufacturing processes safely, with a focus on eliminating process variation through the use of defined procedures that when followed correctly, assures the Quality and Safety of our finished product for our diverse range of customers, whilst maintaining focus on all relevant legislation, risks and governance around Health, Safety and the Environmental factors of our manufacturing site and business efficiencies, processes and requirements.
If you are looking for a career which safeguards the quality and safety of a product, within an working environment that strictly operates a safety first culture for their employees and is continually identifying and looking for more ways to help our environment this role could be for you whether you are a new graduate looking to start your career journey in establishing a career in this field which is extremely rewarding. Or, whether, you have established a career in this field and have knowledge and experience within our industry or would like to learn about QSHE within a new industry then this role will be for you.
- Interpret, build upon and comply with company policies and the three most recognised set of international standards - ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
- Support, review, maintain and implement policies and procedures across all areas of the business, review formalised documentation including processes, procedures, investigation and corrective actions of the management systems and identifying continual improvement for the business.
- Ensure compliance with the QSHE management systems, relevant Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Advise and assist departments and stakeholder in QSHE related matters.
- Drive continuous improvement of core processes to ensure manufacturing QSHE is maintained while efficiency is optimised.
- Assist in tracking, documenting and reporting of QSHE objectives and KPI’s.
- Participate/Lead internal audits – auditing the site to ensure both internal and external QSHE regulations and standards are being adhered to and that the internal audit programme is maintained.
- Assist in external audits.
- Ensure that the recording and retention of documentation with regards to the maintenance and performance of QSHE systems are relevant, appropriate and conform to the legal requirements.
- Ensure equipment maintenance schedules are appropriate and completed on time and relevant documentation is retained.
- Monitor and measure QSHE data to identify trends and track effectiveness of improvements.
- Adhere to and improve QSHE standards within the business.
- Identify training needs and action relevant training to relevant employees with a training gap in Quality Procedures, Protocols and documentation.
- Maintain both customer/supplier complaints and non-conformance processing records using our tracking system, Entropy. Review, assign and communicate resulting root causes and corrective actions from the customer complaints and non-conformances with relevant departments.
- Analyse and investigate product quality and health and safety issues with all departments where non-conformances or incidents and near misses have occurred and document relevant findings according to our internal procedures. Report re-occurring issues to the QSHE Manager.
- Monitor and review risk management documentation in accordance with QSHE.
- Conduct Risk Assessments for all business activities including off site activities if required.
- Ensure waste management procedures are always followed and all documentation required by law is received and all permits are current.
- Ensure the workplace is free from hazards and excellent hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained and meet expectations.
- Ensure all visitors, contractors are aware of the health and safety requirements whilst on site.
- Ensure all new employees, visitor or contractors are provided with the appropriate induction training and refresher training for longer term employees is delivered as and when required.
- Ensure all safety, health and environment accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded, investigated and reported to relevant levels of management in accordance with our legal responsibilities.
- Complete supplier questionnaires, Long Term Supplier Declarations and other QSHE related requests from stakeholders.
- Provide training and support to departments on systems, policies, procedures and core processes.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience within Quality Assurance or Control procedure within a manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Good customer focus.
- Needle sharp attention to detail, strong analytical, problem solving skills with a meticulous and diligent approach is a pre-requisite of the role. Understanding and experience of root cause analysis techniques i.e. 5- why approach and PDCA.
- A highly organised and professional approach to managing a demanding workload.
- A great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to influence decision makers, coach, persuade and support colleagues to understand and drive aspects of Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and wellbeing and to promote continuous improvement.
- Formal/professional qualifications would be preferred but not a pre-requisite of the role.
- Some understanding of GMP would be an advantage, alongside practical implementations of 5S workplace organisations would be an advantage.
- Must display and demonstrate attitudes in line with the Company Values