United Kingdom | R&D Brixworth
Product Performance Chemist
Closing date: 2021-09-30 59:59:59
As part of the R&D team, you will be responsible for fragrancing a wide range of consumer products, mainly Personal Care, and conducting a variety of testing to ensure the fragrances are fit for purpose.
- Conducting stability test of fragrances and/or Raw Materials in a range of consumer products as laid out in projects
- Keeping track of stability tests required on a day to day basis
- Smelling samples on a daily basis (training will be given)
- Entering results data on our Intranet based system and excel (training will be given)
- Make up Personal Care bases (up to 10kg max at any one time)
- Keeping stock of formulations and their ingredients for Personal Care applications.
- Carry out a variety of testing such Panel tests, UV tests or viscosity tests
- Making up finished product samples
- Requirement to cover equivalent position during periods of absence, annual leave or in line with the business needs.
- Any other tasks as directed by line manager or team members
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Degree in Cosmetic Science or Chemistry related field
- Be able to take a methodical approach to problem solving
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Be able to work in a team and as an individual
- Have good organisational skills
- The ability to use Microsoft office products, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and internal recording systems
- Have a keen interest in the fragrance industry with some product knowledge is a definite advantage